Pages

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Morning of....

So here we are folks.

 The morning of, yet my brain is going to go in circles all the way until we get on that flight. I am super scared of the idea of what could go wrong. Yes, by nature, I am a worrier and planner. Go figure. There is part of me that doesn't know whether all of this is going to be worth it. There is part of me that doesn't know how well it will turn out. I am never afraid of doing something different, but boy, I am afraid of doing something wrong.

One thing I know for sure, I would not be leaving with my sanity intact if it weren't for the incredible graciousness of the people in my life. From my employers, to my friends, and even my professors, everyone has taken mercy on me and my crazy situation right now as I prepare to leave. In leaving, there were several places that are my casual acquaintances that were SO sweet to me. They did things like give me a free cocktail, soup, or a sticker. I am incredibly grateful for your mercy on me when I couldn't be perfectly on time to everything and for your gifts. I feel so bad when I get something free, but these things, it seemed, were out of love. I just needed to express this gratefulness to y'all. I am always afraid of disappointing someone by not meeting the standards I am normally able to. Lately, under the duress of school, this trip, and working, I have been unable to be completely anywhere one hundred percent. I will come back and repay you for all the grace that you have shown in dealing with me. I hate to be a disappointment.

I love y'all. If I ever leave Nashville, I think that the principle that I will take with me, is the absolute kindness and understanding of the people of this town. Even one's acquaintances feel a kind of sincerity with their customers, even becoming friends. This is such a unique place of kindness and a special value for the arts.

With all of this said, I am leaving in about an hour. I love y'all. I'll see you when I get back, in the mean time, follow me here if you are curious about the other side of the pancake we call the world.

1 comment: