Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pre-Trip Jitters

Ok so it's a given.... I've been to India, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and many other places in my short 20 years... but first, none without my parents.... two, none where I couldn't figure out a language... and three, it's just nerve-wracking.


(the above picture is my first Mac experience after buying one of these amazing machines so that I can better communicate with the folks at home through it)


Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to go. I watched Anthony Bourdain's "Hokkaido" episode hoping that would help me become more excited and less scared. I am thoroughly even on the anxiety level and excitement level of this endeavor.

I have decided to continue traveling, writing, and reading when I get back to the States. Bourdain said it best when he was pondering the value of travel in the human experience- does it make us wiser? No one really knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment